The Leander Cot is different from any other cot on the market. It has been designed with the child’s perspective in mind, and the result is a stunning looking baby cot which can convert into a junior bed for the older child via stages. With its oval shape and quality materials the Leander Cot takes the tradition of Scandinavian craftsmanship and design to a new level of excellence. It is easy to assemble and use and is safe for your baby.
Stig Leander, the designer, says: “I wanted to create a baby cot as a natural extension to the idea behind the Leander Cradle. It annoys me that babies cots are so traditional, not taking the needs of the children into account. That’s why I wanted to combine practicality of use with simple design. We develop our products with a strong focus on the little one’s need for comfort and an understanding of the world seen from his/her perspective.”
The Leander cot has 5 configurations as per the image above
1. For infants, the cot base is positioned at the high setting as your baby is not yet mobile and does not need the high sides for protection.
2. Once your baby is mobile, the base must be lowered so the high sides can keep him/her safe.
3. As your baby becomes a toddler, the first adaptation takes place: one of the rail sides comes off. The familiar feeling of protection and safety provided by the high sides is maintained but this configuration allows your child to climb in and out by him-/herself.
4. As your child develops further, the other three sides are removed (all together) and the cot is now a small bed without any signs that it was ever a cot.
5. Your child’s continued growth dictates when the transition to the junior bed takes place. The timber extension pieces required and the extension mattress piece are bought separately. You can also add a junior bed guard.
The Leander Cot is made from European beech, which is plantation grown and sustainable. All varnishes, glues and paints used are non-toxic and safe for your baby. The cot is approved to Australian Standards and undergoes regular testing to maintain its certification.
The assembly of the cot is simple and straightforward. It has a guarantee period of 3 years but as there are no moving parts no faults are likely to occur and the cot should last a very long time. Please make sure you store excess screws carefully as you progress through the various configurations so that you can rebuild the cot. The kit for the junior bed will reuse the hardware from the cot so please don’t be alarmed when none is supplied.
- Danish design with soft curved lines.
- Designed from a child’s perspective.
- Made from beech timber from sustainable sources.
- From newborn to school age.
- World class breathable mattress options
- Cot measures 120W x 70D x 95H
- Converts to a junior bed. Kit available.
- Junior Bed measures 150W x 70D x 55H
- Can hold up to 100kg
- Available in whitewash, white or grey.
LEANDER COT MATTRESS OPTIONS
To match the unsurpassed quality standard of their products, Leander has teamed up with Austrian company Träumeland to offer the best mattresses possible. Träumeland (Dreamland) is the leading manufacturer in Europe of high-end mattresses for babies and children. Their mattresses are made from the best grade foam and undergo a high tech cutting and construction process to make their mattresses as breathable and hygienic for you baby as possible. Read more about Träumeland here.
There are two choices of mattress for the Leander Cot: Comfort+7 or Premium+7.
This super comfortable mattress has a pressure-relieving cold foam core with drilled vertical air channels for continuous air circulation. The surfaces are different: one side has small knobs and is ideal for a baby’s weight (the white side) and the other has a wave pattern (the purple side) ideal for a heavier toddler (12kg+).
The mattress has a zip-off cover with inbuilt mattress protector with excellent wetness protection and breathability properties. It contains Tencel® which is 130 times more absorbent than cotton and is quilted with 100% wash fleece (polyester fleece) and refined with lavender and melissa oil essences for their calming effect as well as their effectiveness against fungi and bacteria.
The core of this mattress is made from Cellflex foam cut into highly flexible 3D comfort pads. Cellflex foam is very open in its composition without compromising its strength. Premium+7 also has a baby and a toddler side in terms of ideal weight. There is no colour difference – it is expressed as a difference in the cutting of the pads.
The zip-off cover on the Premium+7 mattress has all the features of the Comfort+7 cover plus some additional: The baby side is quilted with a special 3D material as well as the wash fleece to offer unparalleled breathability at this delicate time. The cover is also fitted with a mesh material along the zip for added air circulation.
Please click on the link for further details on the mattresses.
A range of accessories is available for the Leander Cot.
COT TOP MATTRESS
The top mattress is a quilted protector with a 100% cotton cover and a 50% cotton/50% polyester filling and you place it between the mattress and the sheet. Although not waterproof, the top mattress is water absorbent and can be machine washed at 60°C. Has Eco-Tex 100 certification.
The Leander Cot has received several awards in Europe but designer Stig Leander does not rest on his laurels and he continues to fine tune the design and improve the cot where possible. Over the years we have seen improved painting methods for greater durability and scratch resistance, additional accessories such as the junior guard and the bumpers, and now a new and improved mattress concept with emphasis on breathability.
Stig is also continuously working on expanding and improving the range which includes the Leander Cradle, the Leander Change Table, the Leander Chair and the Leander Stool set as well as the newly introduced Leander Dresser and Leander Matty change mat.