Leander baby cot & toddler Bed
The Leander Baby Cot & Toddler Bed is different from any other cot on the market. It has been designed with the child’s perspective in mind, and the result is a stunning looking baby cot which converts into a toddler bed for junior via stages. The junior bed concept is not new, but the fact that this one doesn't have the high cot ends is new, and that this junior bed is low to the ground to suit small legs is simply brilliant.
- Beautiful, simple and functional design
- Follows progression from baby to toddler to child
- One purchase – 5 different options
- From baby cot (120cm) to junior bed (150cm)
- Meets Australian Standards
- Danish Design
- Purchase includes mattress, mattress protector & junior extension kit
- Has pocket inner spring mattress with washable cover
- Available in whitewash, white or walnut
- Made from European Beech with water based lacquers
A growing child's dream
The Leander Baby Cot & Toddler Bed takes the tradition of Scandinavian craftsmanship and design to a new level of excellence. With its oval shape, in European beech, the cot is a sheer pleasure to the eye. It is easy to assemble and use, and all materials are high quality and safe for your baby.
Stig Leander, the designer, says: ”I wanted to create a baby cot as a natural extension to the idea behind the Leander Cradle. It annoys me that babies cots are so traditional, not taking the needs of the children into account. That’s why I wanted to combine practicality of use with simple design. We develop our products with a strong focus on the little one's need for comfort and an understanding of the world seen from his/her perspective."
The baby cot transforms into a toddler bed in 5 stages as per the image above:
1. For infants, the cot base is positioned at the high setting as your baby is not yet mobile and does not need the high sides for protection.
2. Once your baby is mobile, the base must be lowered so the high sides can keep him/her safe.
3. As your baby becomes a toddler, the first adaptation takes place: one of the rail sides comes off. The familiar feeling of protection and safety provided by the high sides is maintained but this configuration allows your child to climb in and out by him-/herself.
4. As your child develops further, the other three sides are removed (all together) and the cot is now a small bed without any signs that it was ever a cot.
5. Your child’s continued growth dictates when the transition to toddler bed takes place. The extension pieces required (incl. mattress piece) are part of your initial purchase. If you wish to use a junior bed guard as seen in the image below please order it separately as it is an accessory.
The Leander Cot & Bed has received several awards in Europe but designer Stig Leander doesn’t rest on his laurels. He continues to finetune the design and improve the cot where possible as well as working on expanding the range.
- Nominated for the “Danish Innovation and Design” award 2004
- Winner of “Best Baby Product of the Year” in the Netherlands, 2006
- The bed is represented in the international design book “Toys for Kids” published by TECTUM Publishers.
LEANDER Cot & bED SHEETS
Each sheet pack has 2 fitted sheets in 100% cotton made to fit the oval mattress shape. Available in cot or junior size. Machine washable at 60°C.
Leander Cot & Bed Bumper
The Leander Cot & Bed Bumper is available in 3 colours: snow, vanilla and coffee. It is a modular design to suit the configuration options of the Leander Cot & Bed. Covers are removable and washable. The bumper is 100% cotton Eco-Tex 100. Filling: 100% polyester Eco-Tex 100.
LEANDER TOP MATTRESS:
The top mattress is a quilted protector with a 100% cotton cover and a 50% cotton/50% polyester filling which is placed between mattress and sheet. Although not waterproof, it is water absorbent and can be machine washed at 60°C. Available for both cot and junior bed.
Leander junior bed guard
The junior bed guard replaces one of the lengths running between the ends. This gives maximum stability and a coherent look. The guards are made of the same beech wood as the Leander Cot & Bed and are available in whitewash, white or walnut.
Leander Cot & Bed Mattress
The mattress is included with your purchase. It has a pocket inner spring mattress with Oeko-Tex 100 Class 1 foam and non-toxic glues. The removable cover is 100 % Cotton Oeko-Tex 100 Class 1 with a 50% cotton/50%polyester filling which also meets the Oeko-Tex 100 Class 1 specifications. The cover is washable at 60°C.
If you have any further questions regarding the Leander Baby Cot & Toddler Bed please contact us.